Friday, January 25, 2013

Stampin Dymonz Scrap Shack Blog Hop

Thanks for joining in on the Scrap Shack 12x12 layout Blog Hop! There will be one lucky winner for viewing the project, reading the post, and making a "quality" comment you all (that comment) will be entered into a random drawing for an Art Journal Lair Gift Certificate. A "quality" comment is something more substaintial than the " Good job!" or "beautiful!". Please let the ariist know a little more about what you like about their project. The winner will be announced next Friday, February 1, 2013!

Now it's time to get started! My 12x12 layout is titled Living and Remembering the Dream.



I used 12x12  brown cardstock for the base and on top of that I cut off 1/4 inch of patterned paper on all four sides and adhered it on the brown cardstock. The pattened paper I used for te layout I ran in through my printer printing out the words Living and Remembering the Dream.
For my picture I added a mat with 1/8 inch border.
( That is me at the M.L.K. Jr museum)
I added bling at three of the corners, a group of flowers on the top right and the corner of the left side of the picture.

Close-up of the title.

The bling in the upper left hand corner.

Close-up of the flowers.

I had fun sharing this layout with you, please enjoy the rest of the blog hop.

First up:
Diva Cee

Loretta

Nikki

Please don't forget to comment and visit the other ladies blog.

Be blessed,
Diva Cee





8 comments:

  1. Cee, love your LO...especially like the fact that you ran you paper through the printer for the words (I'll have to try that sometime). Pretty paper choices and nicely embellished, your LO is easy on the eyes and flows great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diva Cee
    Loving how you imposed your photo across from MLK, fabulous LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cee, I just loce the muted colors. This page is just beautiful. I also like the contrast the bling and flowers make on the page. Those wonderful touches add whimsey and classy elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Treva thank you for your comments and yes do try that instead of using a constrasting coloring use the very same paper you are using for your layout.

    @ FranCine Thank you! My daughter took that picture at the museum, I was really there.

    @ Loretta thanks I wanted it just that way as Treva said easy on the eyes I wanted you to pay attention to the title and the meaning of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout! That picture looked so real! i love the flower clusters! I am such a sucker for those!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting layout - The way you framed the page it makes the page pop - I will use that idea - thanks - the printing of the sentiment is great idea -I tend to like when I look back at albums to enjoy the hand writing of the person who created the page, it just seems like it tells alot about a person. But I do like this layout.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting layout - The way you framed the page it makes the page pop - I will use that idea - thanks - the printing of the sentiment is great idea -I tend to like when I look back at albums to enjoy the hand writing of the person who created the page, it just seems like it tells alot about a person. But I do like this layout.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of white space and having the photo as the focal point! The bling in the corners adds just enough interest without overpowering the photo! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete